yup! i'm back from the ftb 2d/1n camp in one piece but still super tired! it was definitely enriching and i learned seriously alot! :)
actualli in these two weeks of pack workshops, camps and work I seriously got to meet a lot of different people and learned quite a bit of things. May it be like facts that I'll ratter off the encycleopedia to impress parents so that they'll buy the programme or the skills of team building, facilitating, networking (something that I really din really like), leading... blah blah... fulfilling events i would say. although i'm super tired now!!
.
back to the topic about the camp. i'll upload fotos if i ever receive it and ever have time to post it up. haha hmmm... as always, i dun look forward to camps and especially training camps where u have to set goals and aims etc etc etc every other time. + the fact that I have to break ice n mix with a grp of strangers! so once again the attitude that i started which was damn bad. thankfully, there were people I knew!!! :) haha but the worst thing was that we were broken up into smaller grps and they did the one two one two thingy so i was like left stranded alone in the other grp!! -_- once again i was damn thankful coz it was realli fun!!! haha dunno why but somehow everyone got along and it was like the workshop and every thing went on quite well!! haha
like most camps that i go to. there is always the fun element... like the asoc camp the uni-y camp even the shanghai and cambodia trip !! hmm but the thing is that the realationship between people in the grp kinda ends after the camp or activity ends. I mean i don't realli meet up with any of the above grps that i mentioned above. the relationship is so short term that I don't really make friends and is once again the antisocial freak! haha maybe it's just me and that I do not put in effort to plan for outings and even take chances to talk to people after camps. alright! my resolution for this summer n the rest of the terms. MAKE THE EFFORT TO MAKE FRIENDS.! I so comfortable in my own social circle that i formed a barrier for new people I meet! :(
anyway this camp is real great and I am starting to really believe in my decision to come smu!!I mean it was quite a random choice that I came to SMU, althought seok n I sat down for hrs to decide the pros and cons betwn SMU n NTU. ermm. how should I put it. I have been complaining non stop about how people are more distant (i thinK i was the one with the prob), how school work has been real stressful and how people are damn mugger n damn chiong. but the real thing I think is that the people here really have the drive. Not only in studies. They really like want to accomplish something in their lives and they are therefore so driven. Even during camps when they wan to have fun. They realli go all the way out to go crazy! this made me feel so small and unaccomplished. but i'm slowly learning and hopefully I'll start to get the momentum soon.
+ I really think that SMU realli takes in effort to actually build up students to enter into the society. Not that I believe everything that they say is right but the fact that they actualli provide the platform for us to be expose to different cultures, diff learnings and blah blah kinda let me feel that they are realli quite on about our welfare and how we can grow as a person. I mean the FTB camp ... i thot it was damn stupid having to like go for like 3 camps before the actual one. but onli after I go thru the first 2 that i seriously felt that it was rather worth it. I still dread the 3rd one that is coming up next week (I just dun enjoy training camps) but I believe that I will have a changed attitude when I go there. *hopefully* haha
if u tell me like a month back that I actually enjoy (I mean only sometimes) debrief that can last up to like 1 + 2 hrs and when I am like super tired and hungry, I'll most probably say 'you're kidding' but now... a different thing. and mind you it is those kinda how do u feel during the activity, what have you learned and how can u apply it into your life kinda discussion!! I'm quite amazed by the fact actualli. I dunno how the rest of the facis feel... haha mayb i'm brainwashed!!! but I realli feel that i've learned alot during the whole prog.
the fact that I get to speak to so many people during my work and get different perspective of education and life also made me think alot more. more time for reflection more time for myself to think about everything. hopefully it makes me a better person! ahaha
hmm... but despite all these, I'm quite sure when sch term starts I will still start to complain about the sch work n all. I mean I have not been doing very well. so other than just blaming myself for the poor results, it is quite obvious that I will also start grumbling about all those blah blah blah stuff. I mean who will complain about competition and stress when they get super good results?! onli people like me who is stuggling with GPA will complain like mad! haha dunno lar... but I'm going to device a plan to ensure that I'll do better the next term!!! haha hopefully!! jing qing qi dai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipeeeeeee!! tmr is off day for me!!! but still got tuition lar!!!!!!!-_-
.
PS: after this workshop and camp i think it is time for me to start to lose weight. my fat content is like 24%! i wanna kill myself man! -_- during all the activities, I tink I freaking tortured the guys that were piggybaggin me, doing fireman's lift, lifting me on shoulder and what have you. I tink they must be tinking "SHIT!! why did i kana the th 5X kg girl instead of the 40+kg girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*cries! xh !! i'm joining you for wadever dieting plans that u have!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment