just came back from the national day preview thingy... it was such a disappointment! I thot I was going there to watch a full dress rehearsal since the actual run is like 4 days away! but but but!! it was not even a half dress rehearsal!! no fireworks, not all the performers are there, no MCs, no goodies bag, no usherers!! no wonder half the audience left after the march past :(
.
despite all this, like all the NDPs that I've been too, i felt a bit the nostalgic. everytime they play the national anthem i can't help but feel a bit the emo and buloroma abit. Although I am not too sure what the entire national anthem means (I mean I onli know that majulah singapura is forward singapore), I just feel glad that year after year we all manage to live in peace and celebrate this occasion.
While they were playing the national anthem... a group of people sitting behind me were singing it damn loud. My bro oso sang it quite loud and I felt quite embaressed that I was just mumbling. I mean I have been mumbling the national anthem for freaking like 10 years or even keeping my mouth shut during morning assembly. But it juststruck to me just now like 'what the hell!? it's like my freaking national anthem!! the song that represents singapore, the song that every singaporean are taught to sing! why am i not singing it with like gusto n all?!' I mean in sec sch jc, we are forever laughing at people who sing the song damn loud and it is just deemed uncool and all... but come to think of it... i should really be treasuring the fact that i do have a proper country to live in and a national anthem to sing. Shit i tink i sound damn patrotic. wadever lar... propaganda worked on me :)
anyway.. i just felt tat it is damn cool to march for NDP... dun tink i'll ever get the chance to unless i be those aunties and uncles that hold on to the pap flags and march in that kind. the marching wasn't that great though...but i guess this wasn't supposed to be like a very formal rehearsal so....ya... i mean soldiers smiling to the videoman? anyway... i just thot the defence display was very well done... there was so much shown within the few minutes and my eyes just got a hearty treat!! :) there was this super animated auntie in front of me too!! she was basically the funniest 'commentator'!!!! when the helicopter drop of the soldiers into the waters she was like saying... this is macham the helicopter zai da pian! and when the speed boats when to get those soldiers up, she was like saying the speedboats are collecting the shit from the helicopter!! she dun mean to be sacarstic... it was just her funnny way of expressing!! :0)
anyway... i was complaining about the national songs!! nowadays...the songs are so hard to sing!! not as catchy as like home or where I belong... plus the fact that I'm no longer in sch that teaches us how to sing it!! i feel slightly detached...:( although I din attend both the ND celebrations in TJ (I happily pon with xh)), I do miss those in Cedar... all the marching with sqmates (yup I miss drills!!!) and all the running around shouting the national songs in the hall with classmates!! :) aiyah... wang shi zhi neng hui wei.... :)
haha anyway... i just love the singlish... i just love the way we dun realli have a culture but wanna have a culture, the 'local delights' that we have although it can all be found in like other parts of the world, the way our clean roads come due to those banglas....
wad can I say...
I'm just a proud singaporean :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment