Friday, October 02, 2009

loving makeup work!

okie before going for another session of makeup... here's my random update for the day.
haha
i think makeup is really a good thing for me. :) I mean i went for 2 makeups in my first 2 weeks and went like to explore the city myself. travelling to places 3 hrs away from sch etc etc. and the people that I meet, mostly english teachers from the states or from the military are interesting. How should I put it? I mean I also meet people like that does belly dancing for a living, hang out with like the gothic / metalhead peps, gays blah blah. haha n i get to go to different places. It could be the place that i've been before with the exchange students. But they will bring me to another lane, another street, another studio... which is real interesting. You hear of how people are still not comfortable here but has to stay due to their contract, you hear of how people start to love this place...
n ytd was like great! i mean i was doing makeup for normal people. Like makeover then shoot kinda thing. Which means most of them never put on makeup and never ever put on fake lashes before. They were such an excitable bunch. shy and nervous at all. But after the camera starts clicking, give them 5 mins, and they are ready to go! It was great seeing how much fun they have and how much they want to do it again. The best was showing them the mirror! haha 'This is me? This is me?' (fake eye lashes helped me alot haha)
anyway, there was also this girl who had pretty low self esteem. I mean she says that her students keep saying that she's fat etc etc. very self conscious. haha so i pretty much squeezed my fats and showed her. tadaa! people that look skinny has tons of fats too! just that we hide it well! muahahaha. anyway, we dressed her up, did her hair, gave her gold eyeshadow (she's black so it goes really well! :))and she was so good when she was in front of the camera. I mean she was so happy throughout that she couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I really hope that the photos turn out well for her. It was an amazing feeling to see how her emotions change from before the shoot to after the shoot! + everyone at the studio were all so encouraging and positive about everything. makes working real great!
anyway, i spent the most time with her alone coz the rest were fixing the lights while i was doing the makeup. so we started talking about stuff. I think it's really tough being alone teaching here. so sometimes I'm glad for certain nasty situations that I've been through. like being ostracised in pri sch... having pimply face, gettig a C+ for AT. I mean I do not like having those stuff. But it makes it easier for me to emphatise and not sympatise when people tell me their stories. It is easier for people to open up too when they find that you have similar stories. :)

ANW, I'm hoping today will be good too. a ja a ja!

No comments: