Friday, November 06, 2009

thoughts on exchange

I'm looking at the pen that I got from the kong riceball shop. Going through my econs efficient and equitable taxation chapter now. have to do that because half the time the prof gives us the wrong information and have to be corrected by other students. Back to the pen from Kong's riceball. It was one of the first few eateries that i've been to with the rest. We were so excited then by the 'new' kind of food. Amused that it is called rice balls. Super happy that we were given the free pen with a ball a the top. We were basically or I was basically fascinated by new things and the new environment. Come to think of it, it wasn't that long ago. 2 mths and 2 weeks maybe?

But life has moved on... From being unfamiliar with the subways and the food to being able to read the subway stations without using the english map. I've pretty much travelled all corners of the subway map. I think even more than what my korean buddy has thanks to makeup and my random encounters with people. Things that were new to me has now become a routine. Holiday day mood is kind of over. I'm starting to be living in Seoul rather than just being here. Getting used to waking up in the morning and checking the weather to decide what to wear. Going to the fridge to think of what to cook for lunch and dinner so on and so forth.

My room (at least my side) is starting to look like someone is living here. It is getting messier. Not totally my style to be messy but I guess that's how the feeling of home will be like. The top of the desk is filled with things that are for ppl back at home. Hopefully that section will grow and the section storing food will reduce!

I wonder how I would feel in less than 2 months time when I leave this room. It has become so part of my life and I guess it would be inevitable that I would miss it. I think I would miss this whole of experience of exchange. The good, the bad. The fustration that I faced and the new experiences that I had. But I guess the best thing that I got out of the exchange would be to realise how impt family and friends are important to me in my life. It feels good. I mean really good to receive emails from friends especially long ones. I guess I've come a long way from getting headaches from getting tons of information and work related stuff in my inbox. :)Even random comments on facebook leaves me excited!

I guess I've finally adapted to this whole idea of living abroad after my lull period thanks to people... hopefully the rest of my stay here will be great. Have been thinking about various stuff. Have not totally found out what I want to do with my life in the future but I shall make it a good one no matter what. :)

alright... now back to my framework for tax analysis! haha

No comments: