Sunday, January 24, 2010

work!

finally a full day home. actually not really a full day at home coz i went down to coffeeshop, went to send est jackets for dry cleaning (which is damn freaking ex!) and is going to go to the doctor to save my rotting face.
I have been annoying people these days asking them time and again what should I work as and what do u think i'm suitable for etc etc etc. but honestly I still have no freaking clue what I want to work as. Maybe that's y I chose to do a 4.5 year so that I would have more time to figure out what is it that I want to do. But as time pass, I realise I am no closer to knowing what I think would be a ideal job for me. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe I'm just meant to slack! hahahaaha.
It can be tough to decide on what to do man seriously. Especially when in sch we are more or less surrounded by the thought that higher pay = better job = smarter = happier. Which in some cases or at least 50% of the cases to be in a way true. I am also pressured by the fact that ppl at cs always talk about how much to give parents and how much ppl's kids earn and how much they give etc. and of course there's xh who is forever reminding me that I want to buy the loewe bag which costs thousands! aiyah. how long must I slog to get that??! I think by the time i earn that amount I hui bu she de use it to buy the bag too. unless somehow my pay is like 5x the costs of the bag per mth!
from my mum's point of view, she feels there's no point in chionging like mad everyday. Long hours = poor health = die younger (even if you don't realise it) = less time to spend with family and friends = no time for yourself = no/less time to engage in what you like to do = no good = no point. I know there's always the thought of chionging like mad when young then retire early blah blah. But humans are greedy right? will continue to slog until ur body gives way or you can't take it mentally? And more often then not, the things that you want to do at a certain age will no longer be the same kind of stuff that you want to do at a much older age. Having no time/ not giving time to do what you want to do when you are young is effectively giving up doing it altogether. The utility that you get at different points in time is different right? heh...
anw, I better decide soon. if I'm going to start work stright after I grad, I better start planning for more trips during summer and not go for another internship. last hols le. that's what they say right? once you start work, there is no end to it. well well... decisions decisions. like what ask said, crossroads. the decision that I make will determine how my life will be like in the future. Hopefully I make a good choice. Hopefully I will not get monday-friday blues like most ppl~~

No comments: