The past week has been great despite my initial apprehension. I mean I joined the apec thingy myself. missed like half the training. know only like less than 5 names from the team etc etc before the event. ++ my anti social attitude...I basically was lost. No very clear what's going to happen and what I am supposed to do. Not used to feeling this way. Think this has been one of my problem... not exactly problem but just how I use to work. Felt this way during the apuy conference. Felt uncomfortable that things were to be impromptu, might not totally be within control. But I decided and found out along the way that there is no point being so anxious about stuff. It's good to have everything under control, planned etc but sometimes, it need not be neccessary! It's good to go with the flow and see how things fall into place. I'm not saying being slack and luan qi ba zao. But just not totally uptight about details and stuff.
This past week has been filled with so many people from so many countries. Many hand signing, many huh? heh? but it was all great fun! During apec, there were alot of time wasting on my side...not that anyone want that to happen. But I guess it was a good little relaxing time for myself. Can't do anything ... only managed to read a little but nvtheless, I finished my book on quirkology! yipee!
I guess i was a little lucky. the delegates that I've got was so nice. Initially I did not want to send them off. I mean I'm those kind that would rather go hm and sleep right? so many late nights. I'm like a zombie le! But they were so spontaneous and grabbed me into their car. You know when they are so nice, there is like no way to say no kind?
They are like our nannies. Will miss them a little i guess, I mean my life revolved around them for like the past 4 days! haha. I will miss how they always say "that's okie"... (they are super easy going!)we kinda caught the disease from them after the first day! haha. Love how carefree and relax they are. Guess their country culture is totally diff. great to experience it. I mean I don't think i'll ever meet ppl frm PNG if not for this conference. :)haha imagine going up to their room in the afternoon and find them drinking tiger and wine, fixing flowers on the floor etc etc and trying to come up with a dance for performance!
hmm... another 2 weeks before I'm whisk off to another country, another culture. Looking forward to it and really hope I enjoy it!
PS: I know we are advise to write down any lessons learnt from the event. I didn't write anything. too lazy. haha but I guess I managed to learn one thing... How to have fun despite everything. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment